The call for abstracts is now closed. If you have submitted an abstract and not received an email receipt of your submission, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be in touch with all authors regarding our decision and (if applicable) next steps on 10 October 2022.
Submission Process & Important Details
- Abstract submissions are now open.
- Please submit your abstract by
16 September 202223 September 2022 Anywhere on Earth (AoE).
- Abstracts should be no more than 350 words (not including references, title, and author list).
- Abstracts should be submitted in .tex or .docx formats.
- Abstracts can include more than one author. Selection criteria (below) apply only to the presenting author.
- Abstracts must be emailed to email@example.com by the deadline.
- Presenting authors should also provide their current city and affiliation (if applicable) and whether they would like to plan to attend the conference virtually or in person if accepted.
- In the abstract submission email, presenting authors should confirm they meet the selection criteria provided below.
- Receipt of abstract submissions will be acknowledged by email. Authors will be notified of acceptance by
03 October 202210 October 2022.
The following selection criteria will apply:
- The abstract must relate directly to the theme of the workshop to explore safety, responsibility and/or sustainability aspects of human-machine collaboration.
- Presenting authors must be in the early stages of their career (for example, current PhD student, Postdoctoral researchers within less than 5 years from graduation, industry researchers with less than 5 years experience, government practitioners with less than 5 years experience, entrepreneurs with less than 5 years experience).
Travel support for selected participants
The Erasmus+ Programme of the European Union has made it possible for us to provide partial travel funding for participants with accepted abstracts who wish to attend in person. The quantity of support will be specified within your abstract acceptance email as long as you have specified your current city and affiliation within your application and have indicated your intention to attend in person.
Q. Will the abstracts be published? Or will a full paper be required following the workshop?
A. The accepted abstracts will be published on our website and in an abstract book. We will not be publishing a proceedings and you will not be required to submit a full paper following the workshop.
Q. Will participants with accepted abstracts be asked to join a poster session, or will they be invited to give a talk at HMC22?
A. Participants with accepted abstracts will be invited to give a short talk at HMC22. We plan to record these talks for distribution following HMC22 via YouTube and our website. We usually advertise these via our social media channels.